1. This quotation is based on digging into soil. Any digging into reactive soil, rock tree roots, building rubble or similar is a variation and may incur additional charges at the nominated rate.
2. Any damage to underground utilities, pipes, gas, electricity, sewer or pool pipes etc. are the sole
responsibility of the customer unless an EXACT plan of utilities is given to the installer. You can obtain these plans from Dial Before You Dig on 1100 prior to work commencing
3. Area 1 Group (Aust) Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage to plants, trees shrubs or
grass while erecting fences. Fence lines need to have clear access of 600mm
4. It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain all necessary council or government approval where
5. The customer is responsible for the exact location of the fence. Our Installers will discuss fence
location prior to commencing work.
6. The customer is responsible for levelling the ground before installation starts to avoid gaps under
the fence or if the fence is built following ground level, variations in finished height may occur
7. It is the customer’s responsibility to fill any gaps under the fence and to supply and install suitable fabric, drainage and backfill after retaining wall construction and an appropriate curing time for concrete
8. Additional dump fees will apply if the Customer requests the disposal of any trees, bushes
shrubs, vines, wire or rubbish cleared or concrete / rock broken up to install the fence otherwise
removal and disposal is the Customers responsibility. We are unable to remove soil from sites and
material excavated from post holes will be neatly spread around the area.
9. Removal of the old fence means only material used in the construction of the old fence and
above ground materials only. It does not include cutting, trees, bushes, vines, wire, fibro, etc. which
had grown over the fence and was needed to be cleared to install the fence.
10. All final payments are to be made in full on completion, including any extra costs, by the person named on the quote.
11. All guarantees and warranties offered by Area 1 Group (Aust) Pty Ltd are void unless payment
is made in full on completion.
12. Cheques are to be made payable to Area 1 Group (Aust) Pty Ltd.
13. All materials remain the property of Area 1 Group (Aust) Pty Ltd until all accounts are paid in
14. Area 1 Group (Aust) Pty Ltd may enter upon the customer’s premise or elsewhere at any time
including buildings, removing any locks or take all such action to gain entry to take possession of
and remove any goods and materials for which payment has not been received and in which
property has not passed from Area 1 Group (Aust) Pty Ltd. The customer agrees that Area 1 Group
(Aust) Pty Ltd will not be responsible for any damage in obtaining the goods and will keep
indemnified against any claims at all times.
15. Any costs associated with collecting outstanding accounts are to be paid by the debtor and the Customer agrees that information may be given to a Credit Reporting Agency for the purposes of creating and maintaining credit information (Privacy Act 1988). In the event where your overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, you will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including legal demands costs.
16. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the details given on this quote are correct and correctly describes the work to be done. The work will be carried out in accordance with this quote and any variations will be an extra cost.
17. All workmanship is guaranteed for 12 months or other period as required by statute. Damage to gates/fitting caused by wind, misuse or wear and tear is not covered by warranty.
18. Any installation date given is subject to change without notice.
19. Fences will not be erected in wet weather; therefore, will result in delays in installation and delays in anticipated start dates.
20. The customer is to supply water and electricity needed for the erection of the fence.
21. The customer shall pay a 25% deposit on placement of the order. The customer is entitled to a five (5) day cooling-off period. This cooling-off period expires five (5) days after the date of deposit. The customer is to make a progress payment on commencement of the installation of the fence and final balance on completion.
22. Pool safe means that fencing will be constructed in accordance with Clause 2.3.4 & Figure
2.3 (B) ) of AS 1926.1 – 2007. The customer is to organise and maintain temporary fencing as required.
23. Additional charges will apply if job is changed or modified after delivery.
24. Reasonable operating costs will be deducted from deposit / progress payments if job is cancelled after materials are packed or delivered. Transport costs are at an hourly rate as nominated by the carrier.
1. The work will be performed in a workmanlike manner in accordance with the details in the quote.
2. All materials supplied by the contractor will be new and fit for the purpose intended.
3. The work will comply with the South Australian Fences Act 1975 and other laws.
4. The work will be done with due diligence and within the time set out in the contract (if any).