Signs of a failing or damaged retaining wall may include the following:
- visible cracks or tilting of the wall
- bulging or leaning soil behind the wall
- the separation between wall elements
- water seepage through the wall
- or signs of soil erosion around the wall base.
Additionally, uneven settlement of the wall, a shift in adjacent structures, or the appearance of sinkholes near the wall can indicate problems.
If you observe any of these signs, it is crucial to seek professional advice from a structural engineer or a qualified contractor experienced in retaining wall repair.
Prompt action can help prevent further damage, ensure safety, and potentially save costs by addressing issues before they escalate.